In Our Area
ACTIVITIES IN AND AROUND BANHOEK LODGE
Banhoek Lodge is located in the majestic Banhoek Valley, near the picturesque town of Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa. Our lodge is surrounded by a number of world-renowned attractions and facilities. Our location in the valley allows our guests to travel and explore its gems.
THINGS TO DO
You are now just about 396 m above sea level. Due to its micro climate the Banhoek Valley is regarded as a distinct wine region within South Africa.
- Walking and Wining Farm Hike
- Stellenbosch/Franschhoek Wine Tours
- Bicycle hire and/or guided mountain bike tours for beginners or the skilled
- Guided tours
Stroll through Babylonstoren’s 200-hectare organic gardens on the other side of the Simonsberg Mountain.
- Set foot in the original Pniël farmhouse – circa 1785. Pniël Museum accepts any donations and is driven by the locals from this community.
- Visit the Huguenot Chocolate factory in Franschhoek and eat as much as you can.
Take a jog on the Zevenrivieren road (5 km)
Hike in the Jonkershoek Nature reserve to some beautiful waterfalls.
Visit L’ormarins motor car museum with an immaculate display of vintage and new cars. “A must for any car enthusiast”
- Tea tasting (1 hour) at Anthonij Rupert Wine Estate.
- Go for a wine tasting on Horseback in Franschhoek or Stellenbosch.
- Local Restaurants/Deli’s